Category: Public Houses

Fostons Ash

Fostons Ash is near Bidfield at the junction of Calfway and the Slad to Birdlip Road. Although of little significant history, it has an interesting name which involves a character

Bisley Pubs and Ale Houses

There were reputed to be fourteen pubs in Bisley in the 19th century and possibly several houses selling ale as well. There are now only two pubs remaining - The Bear

The New Inn at The Camp

  This pub, until its closure in 1959, was run by Bill Workman. At that time, he was the only man who used hairgrips to keep his hair out of his

George Inn Highwayman

Reported in the Gloucester Journal, 23 July 1763 About noon on the previous Saturday a man entered a blacksmith’s shop in Chalford Bottom to have his horse shod. There it was